A bus carrying the members of Seton Hall's women's lacrosse team crashed early this morning, killing two people and injuring 22 others, reports WTAE Pittsburgh.
Here's what you need to know...
1. Two are Dead From the Crash
Two people are now confirmed dead from the crash that occurred on the Pennsylvania turnpike, the bus was heading towards Lancaster, PA, for a game. The bus swerved off the road and hit a tree. It's not clear yet what caused the crash. The team were heading Millersville University, they were about 50 miles away from their destination when the accident happened.
2. The Crash Occurred on Pennsylvania Turnpike in the Central Part of the State
The crash happened around here on the Pennsylvania turnpike, near the township of Middlesex, at mile marker 227.
3. The Bus Was Carrying 23 Players and Three Coaches from the School
The bus was a charter for the lacrosse team.
4. Some Were Seriously Injured and Were Choppered out to Hospital
WHTM reports that three of those injured had to be flown by helicopter away from the scene. One of those three was confirmed as the second death, the condition of the other two victims is currently unknown.
5. This Crash Comes Days After St. Michael's (Vermont) Men's Lacrosse Team's Bus Crashed in New York
On Tuesday, a bus carrying the men's lacrosse team from St. Michael's college spun out of control on the Northway Interstate in upstate New York. The bus killed a woman who was driving behind the coach and was struck, another man, in another car remains in critical condition after the accident.