2-Year-Old Eats Used Condom at McDonald’s, Lawsuit Claims

Published:3:32 pm EDT, March 14, 2013| Updated:3:32 pm EDT, March 14, 2013|
By

Toddler eats used condom McDonald's

Anishi Spencer is filing a lawsuit for $50,000 against McDonald's after her 2-year-old son ate a used condom he picked up in the play area of a Chicago restaurant, reports the Chicago Sun-Times.

The incident occurred in February 2012 when her son Jacquel picked up the used condom, ate it, and later coughed a part of it up. Anishi is filing the suit on behalf of Jacquel, and her other son, Jonathan, 3, who was playing in the area at the same time. Jacquel received medical treatment after the ordeal.

The suit accuses the fast-food chain of not being sanitary and failing to properly maintain the area where children are playing, in addition to negligence with regard to "deviant activities" that were clearly going on in the restaurant.

A McDonald's spokesperson told the Daily Mail:

Providing a safe, clean environment is a top priority for us. This restaurant is no exception.

We take these matters seriously and investigate all claims to gather the facts. At the time the lawsuit was filed, we had not completed our investigation and at no time have we been given the alleged object in question to examine.

These are just allegations and we strongly caution anyone from jumping to conclusions without having the facts. Because this is now a pending legal matter, it would be inappropriate to further comment or speculate.

In September 2011, a similar incident occurred in the play area of a McDonald's in Perth, Australia. In that case a 2-year-old girl also ate what appeared to be a used condom. Ultimately it was revealed it had been prank by students at a local school who had filled the condom with vanilla ice-cream.

Related Items , , , ,

Respond to this

More News you need to know