Remember, your "PrinciPAL" is your "pal" -- unless you go to Vince Lombardi High School, where most of them have suffered nervous breakdowns due to the students' fervent love of rock 'n' roll music and their desire to just party all the time. The students' unofficial leader, Riff Randall (P.J. Soles of Carrie and Halloween), happens to be the biggest Ramones fan on the planet and waits in line for three days to get tickets to see them in concert, with high hopes for a chance to meet frontman Joey Ramone so she can give him a song she wrote especially for her favorite band to record, "Rock 'n' Roll High School"; unfortunately, Riff may have finally met her match in the latest Vince Lombardi principal, Miss Evelyn Togar (Mary Woronov), who confiscates the tickets in an attempt to destroy rock 'n' roll and fun forever. The alternate plan that Riff and her best friend Kate (Dey Young) conjure up with which to meet their musical heroes eventually leads to the Ramones becoming honorary Vince Lombardi students themselves -- and to a rather, shall we say, "explosive" finale. Described by at least one fan as the "last great drive-in flick," this Roger Corman-produced cult classic is a must-see for fans of The Ramones, fans of rock music in general, fans of having fun and fans of‚ well, suffice to say that if you're a human being, you'll probably find something to love about Rock 'n' Roll High School. Besides, of course, the Ramones, the soundtrack also features Fleetwood Mac, The Velvet Underground, Paul McCartney and even Brian Eno.
Tech You Need to Know
- ‘True Detective’ Finale Causes HBO Go Crash: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
- How to Watch Adam Savage Speak at SXSW 2014
- How to Watch Neil deGrasse Tyson at SXSW 2014
- How to Create and Share Word Files and Spreadsheets Using Google Drive
- WIN: Apple’s iPad Mini With Retina Display!
- Vine Bans Porn: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Google Play Store Celebrates Second Birthday With App Sales & Discounts on Games
- Tickle App Is Not Real: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Samsung’s Milk Music Streaming Service: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
- How to Block Unwanted Facebook Posts
- The ‘Real’ Satoshi Nakamoto: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
- How to Setup GoogolPlex and Let Siri Access Your Apps
- WATCH: Satoshi Nakamoto Denies Creating Bitcoin
- How to Take a Mac Screenshot in 3 Ways
- Top 5 Android App Updates You Need to Know About
New On Netflix: Rock ‘n’ Roll High School
Published:10:15 am EDT, February 22, 2012| Updated:10:41 am EDT, February 22, 2012|
By Bryan Enk
By Bryan Enk
Sign up for Heavy's daily email and never miss out on our popular stories.
More Netflix you need to know