Suffering from a bad case of the Mondays, or heartache, or herpes? Hang in there! Here are 20 of the most inspiring things human beings have ever said. Let these inspirational quotes get you back on your feet, and walking down the lighter side of the street.
1. It is never too late to be what you might have been.
2. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
-Henry Stanley Haskins
3. Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind.
-Emily P. Bissell
4. I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work.
5. You must be the change you want to see in the world.
6. Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.
-Roy M. Goodman
7. A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him.
8. The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.
9. Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
10. If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today.
-E. Joseph Cossman
11. In between goals is a thing called life, that has to be lived and enjoyed
12. Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.
13. The only thing worse than being blind, is having sight but no vision.
14. Defeat is not bitter unless you swallow it.
15. I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
16. Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.
-William Bruce Cameron
17. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
-Martin Luther King, JR.
18. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt
19. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
20. There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.