Four children, including one infant, are left dead after a house fire swallowed up a duplex outside of Atlanta in Conyers, Ga. on Tuesday night.
Seven people were in the property when the fire erupted: a grandmother, mother and five children. The children range in ages from the infant to seven years old. The fifth child, who is six years old, was thrown out of a second-floor window by his mother and survived.
"It saved his life," Glenn Allen, a spokesman for Georgia's fire commissioner said of the mother's actions.
The mother was taken two Grady Memorial Hospital where she suffers from second and third-degree burns.
The family was living in the two-story duplex, while the other unit remained vacant. There is currently no reported cause of the fire, but investigators plan on entering the building first thing on Wednesday.