Harry Reid, the Democrat senator from Nevada has been hospitalized with an "unknown ailment," reports USA Today.
Here's what you need to know:
1. His Office Has Said He's Felling Better
The senator is said to be "feeling better" and is "alert." According to a statement from his office, Reid did not feel well overnight and was admitted to hospital.
2. He's Staying For Observation
The Associated Press reports that he will remain in hospital for observation.
3. He Suffered a Stroke in 2005
In 2005, the senator suffered a mild stroke. Reid was injured in a car accident back in October 2012.
4. Reid Has Been Vocal on Healthcare
Reid announced in December 2013 that he's paying $4,500 more for his health insurance due to Obamacare.
5. Reid is in the News Today For Other Reasons
Reid was in the news today as he joined in calls for the Washington Redskins to change their controversial name.