Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: Alleged Boston Bomber Now Claims He’s Innocent

Published:2:50 pm EDT, May 31, 2013| Updated:10:14 am EDT, August 7, 2013|
By

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev innocent, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev awake

In a development sure to send the Alex Jones/Infowars crowd into a frenzy, Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is now claiming his innocence, according to recent reports.

Dzhokhar's mother, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, told the Associated Press that the 19-year-old called her last week for the first time since his arrest and assured his parents that he and his brother, Tamerlan, are innocent.

Zubeidat said of her recent phone call with Dzhokhar:

I could just feel that he was being driven crazy by the unfairness that happened to us, that they killed our innocent Tamerlan.

Tsarnaeva and the brothers' father, Anzor Tsarnaev, have long maintained their sons' innocence and have claimed the boys were set up by the FBI, and now Dzhokhar seems to be singing the same tune.

Zubeidat Tsarnaeva

Zubeidat Tsarnaeva.

Watch Now

However, this contradicts reports of earlier statements made by Dzhokhar to investigators, before he was read his Miranda rights, whereby he admitted his brother's and his responsibility for the bombing and saying they carried it out in retaliation for America's military involvement in the Middle East.

Dzhokhar also reportedly left a note claiming responsibility for the bombings on the boat while hiding from police. The note indicated the bombing was retribution for the U.S. invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq.

Share this article!

Share on Facebook Twitter Google+ Email

The news of Dzhokhar claiming his innocence follows recent claims made the father of one of Tamerlan Tsarnaev's friends that his son Ibragim Todashev was killed "execution-style" by the FBI last week.

Badly wounded, Dzhokhar remains in a prison hospital but is able now to walk with the assistance of a wheelchair, the mother claims.

Respond to this

More News you need to know