Tune in right here at 1:30 p.m. EST / 10:30 a.m. PST for live coverage of the Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer livestream event.
Call of Duty: Ghosts isn't that far way from release, so there's plenty of new details we all need want to see (AND PLAY!). You've come to the right place if you're looking to watch the multiplayer livestream reveal for the game. What new modes, perks and weapons will be revealed for this long-running FPS?
Well, we're all about to find out!
Check out the live stream of the event above. Share your impressions of the event in the comment section below. Here's the offical info we got from the event:
- New multiplayer modes were shown: Search and Rescue and Cranked. Search and Rescue allows players on your team to revive you, while Cranked lets players obtain new abilities for a limited time every time they get a kill.
- Custom female soldiers are finally available.
- Tokens can now be earned as you gain XP.
- Attachments and Killstreaks won't cost cost anything.
- Deathstreaks are now gone.
- 30 new weapons are being added. The new Marksman Rifle class was revealed.
- Players can customize up to 10 soldiers. Each solider can earn XP and a Prestige level.
- Players' statistics, in-game achievements, unlocks and more will transfer over from current-gen consoles to next-gen consoles. This transer also applies to the game's Season Pass.
- The Season Pass will cost $50 and include: an exclusive Ghost Team Leader Pack (comes with a multiplayer character from the single-player campaign) and some unannounced bonus goodies.
- IGN listed the squad modes that players can take into competitive/co-op multiplayer:
1. Squad vs Squad - Two-player competitive multiplayer, pitting you & your squad vs. your opponent & their squad.
2. Squad Assault - Play against another player’s squad – even when they’re offline in up to six-player co-op. Match-make against squads or select one of your friend’s squads. Offline players can determine the loadouts of their squad, as well as the map and mode that their squad will defend.
3. Wargame - You and a squad of five soldiers vs. another squad, swap out your custom soldiers at any time with a friend for quick co-op play.
4. Safeguard - Survive wave after wave of enemies in up to four-player co-op.
- IGN also reported on the game's Call of Duty App and Clan Wars content:
The app has been created by Beachhead Studio and will allow players to edit their squad before a match, change loadouts before spawning, view match results, or share match results on Twitter or Facebook. Players can join, create or manage a Clan from the App, with additional features including Clan Chat, Rally-Up and a Clan Emblem Editor. The app will also include Clan Wars, a game mode in the app that "offers a deeper Clans experience and rewards players with cool items, both in Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer and in the app. This new experience enlists players into a larger conflict, where any Clan member, no matter what skill level, can contribute to the Clan Wars mission and compete against other Clans for XP bonuses and exclusive in-game content." The Call of Duty app will launch in November alongside Call of Duty: Ghosts on "tablet and mobile devices.
And as an extra treat, check out the game's official infographic below: