Hay Day involves a seemingly mundane premise for its game mechanics - the art of farming. But for some reason, this mobile game has caught on immensely with casual/hardcore gamers. It's fun to produce and sell your own mobile produced goods and trade plenty of more farm-owned items with your best friends.
So you want to become the best farmer (and master fisherman) the world of Hay Day has ever seen? Then pay attention because we're going to equip you with these 10 tips and cheats.
1. GO GET YOU SOME DIAMONDS
- Coins may be one of the main in-game currencies you rely on to get you by, but Diamonds really are the most valuable form of money the game offers.
- Every time you level up or have a successful fishing trip, you'll come into contact with a few Diamonds for your troubles. Go ahead and sync your Facebook account with the game so you can nab some free Diamonds, too.
- Diamonds need to be bought with real world dough, but you save your money by mining for them at level 24.
SuperCheats.com went ahead and listed some of the many ways you can get your hands on those oh-so-valuable Diamonds:
- Every time you level up, you will receive 1 or 2 Diamonds. This will become the staple of your diamond supply, so is not to be sniffed at.
- You receive 1 Diamond from following Hay Day on Facebook.
- Log-in to Facebook using Hay Day to get 5 Diamonds
- You can get 2 free Diamonds for discovering a movie ticket and watching a 30 second trailer for another game.
- Diamonds are unearthed randomly when you search through mystery boxes.
- You can get Diamonds through mining once you reach Level 24.
- Complete an achievement to earn a Diamond.
- Finally, enter competitions from Supercell when contests are held on their Facebook page
2. You Might As Well Get You Some Extra Coins by Selling Some Goodies
- So now you know how to pack your digital wallets with Diamonds. Now here's one method that's sure to increase your Coin intake - take a peek through other farmers' newspapers.
- When you spot some construction equipment like dynamite, purchase them in bulk. Since you'll be selling them soon, pay attention to this next step - sell each of the items you purchased in bulk between 180 and 220 coins a pop. Selling off these items should get you some extra coins in the long run.
- For the final item being sold, advertise it. Once folks take a trip to your in-game store, that ad will make all of the items you're selling public. You gotta invest to get richer, right?
3. Stay in Tune with Your Animals and Crops
Once you finally start to comprehend the concept of your farm animals and crops, everything will start to mesh well as far as your game progress is concerned. Check out these essential tips from Modojo on how to maximize both items:
Try to stay on top of how crops and animals depend upon each other, so that you can optimize your farming strategy. You want to be able to keep animals fed, so that they can produce key goods, but you'll also need some of that feed to make more complex items for the market. It makes sense to expand your farm evenly between crops and animals so that the balance is always maintained, and you're never left short of something you need. So you've built an animal pen in Hay Day - now what? Animals won't magically appear in any pen you create, instead you'll have to tap on the till icon, then drag the appropriate animal into its housing area. Once it's settled into its new home, you'll have to feed it before it'll start creating its own produce.