Position - Video Editor & Producer
Heavy.com, one of the leading voices in original online video is seeking an experienced video editor and producer to manage original video production and custom content integration for Heavy’s original programs and sponsorship relationships. This role is a dynamic opportunity to show both creative skill and producing talent, and requires a significant amount of independence and resourcefulness.
The position includes the following:
In-house production responsibilities for Heavy’s two current original productions, Fight Day Live and The Movie Show.
Fight Day Live is the only live pre-show produced for the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) Pay Per View events. The live show is an hour long and is produced on location in the event arena. In addition, Heavy produces up to an hour of additional shoulder programming in short formats covering the PPV event weigh-ins, press conferences (both pre and post event) and open work-outs. Heavy sells integration packages to Fight Day Live to multiple sponsors and distributes the show through a wide network of video sites including Yahoo!Sports, FoxSports, Heavy.com and various other men’s entertainment and sports sites reaching 100M+ unique visitors in the USA. Fight Day Live was launched in February 2011 and is currently in pre-production for episode 22 /UFC 151. Fight Day Live is produced approximately 14 times per year.
Responsibilities for Fight Day Live include:
- Managing integration for sponsorship sales including creative ideation, working with design to create story boards, managing client approvals, production budgets and delivery;
- Working with Fight Day Live executive producers to manage production schedules, celebrity and fighter talent interviews, production budgets and schedules for the production
- Working with the Fight Day Live production company to ensure correct integrations of sponsor’s messaging, brands and integrations
- Working with ad operations and marketing to manage distribution of the program to key partners and packaging the post event performance analytics for sales and marketing
- Episodes of Fight Day can be seen at http://www.heavy.com/tag/fight-day/
The Movie Show is a weekly review show produced in partnership with InDemand, the largest cable Pay-Per-View movie and event provider in North America. The Movie Show is produced on set in New York twice per month for weekly distribution. The Movie Show is a hosted wrap around review program, approximately three minutes long. Production for episodes 19 and 20 will occur in the week of July 30th. The program is distributed to a network of entertainment sites online by Heavy, including AOL video, and to a number of cable MSO’s by InDemand.
Responsibilities for the Movie Show include:
- Editing four episodes of The Movie Show for online distribution per month – approximately 1.5 days per episode;
- Working with The Movie Show director to manage the production budget and schedule, and delivery of assets from InDemand and approval of scripts by The Movie Show executive producers;
- Managing integration for sponsorship sales including creative ideation, working with design to create story boards, client approvals, production budgets and delivery;
- Working with The Movie Show executive producers to manage production schedules, celebrity talent interviews and production budgets;
- Working with ad operations and marketing to manage distribution of the program to key partners and packaging the show performance analytics for sales and marketing;
- Episodes of the movie show can be seen here: http://www.heavy.com/tag/the-movie-show/
In-house production resources include editing and motion graphics stations,video camera, sound equipment and an in-house studio/green screen.
Opportunities exist for the successful candidate to be involved in the creation, pitching and production of additional original programs with both Heavy’s editorial team and Heavy’s sales team.
Timing: Heavy is looking for an exceptional individual immediately (August 2012). Must be a self starter, have excellent contacts in the production and creative world, and an ability to juggle many balls at the same time. The hours are long and the position will include weekend work when Fight Day Live is in production.
Compensation: appropriate based on experience, but will be market competitive.
Individuals eager to take advantage of this unique opportunity should send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org